The Bar Council and the Law Society are pleased to be organising an online English Law Day Ukraine, taking place on the following dates: 20, 26, 29 April and 6 May 2021.
The opportunity to speak at this event is open to both barristers and solicitors. If you are interested in speaking at this event, please read the information below then complete this application form electronically and return it along with your CV to email@example.com if you are a barrister or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a solicitor by 12pm on Wednesday 31 March 2021.
We will aim to let you know the outcome of your application within one week of the deadline date.
- Application process
Candidates will be chosen on the basis of their application form and CV submitted, having regards to the Bar Council and Law Society’s selection process and criteria below.
Please note that:
• Decision-making by the selection panel may be entirely paper-based and online.
• Given that there may be several equally well qualified candidates; selection is entirely at the discretion of the panel, whose decision is final.
• To ensure a spread of participants from different chambers/law firms, ordinarily, a maximum number of one barrister/solicitor per chambers/law firm will be permitted to speak at the event.
- Application criteria for participants
• Demonstrate ability to contribute to and speak on the subject matters for which speakers are sought.
• Significant experience in Ukraine/ the CIS market.
• Demonstrate existing international practice (e.g. demonstrated through examples of work, speaking at relevant events or relevant publications) or a credible intention to establish one.
• Clear objectives for participating in this event.
• Be subscribed to the Bar Council’s Bar Representation Fee (if you are a barrister).
• Willingness to disseminate experience gained.
• Other relevant qualifications or memberships (e.g. membership of foreign bar organisations in the relevant region to be visited).
• Ability to speak Ukranian.
Please see the full application form below