The Executive Committee of the IBC has decided the following:
1. The AGM scheduled for 23rd March 2020 will be postponed to a date to be fixed
2. The uncontested ballots are deemed to be complete; Executive Committee Officers remain the same, as do all other Committee Members, with the exception of the post of Common Law Senior Clerk, to which position Chris Sacker of Doughty Street Chambers has been elected to replace Cliff Holland. The Executive Committee thanks Cliff for his dedication to the role and his help with all things IBC during his time in office.
3. There remains a vacancy for a Family Law Senior Clerk. This will be advertised again within the appropriate notice period according to the Rules of the IBC in so far as they relate to the AGM.
4. All other AGM business is similarly deferred.
5. The meeting has not yet been refixed due to the ongoing uncertainty surrounding Covid-19
This decision has been taken after careful consideration by the Executive Committee of the Institute’s Rules given the current medical advice to limit social contact. We believe this to be the only sensible course of action in the circumstances, and trust that our members will agree.