Temp to Perm full time 08:45 – 17:30
Salary £28,000 to £30,000 plus pension and bonus, subject to experience
To project a highly professional image to visitors and callers to Chambers and, in so doing, support Chambers’ management in its objective of achieving and maintaining the highest possible reputation of Chambers within the legal profession.
Reporting to: Senior Clerk
Main Duties: (This list is not exhaustive)
- Answering telephones (Panasonic Digital Super Hybrid System), forwarding calls to clerks and barristers, and taking messages when necessary.
- To provide excellent front of house service.
- Allocating conference rooms to barristers and ensuring all refreshments are available and services functioning.
- Greeting clients and solicitors and informing barristers when all attendees have arrived for their conferences.
- Directing mail and packages from couriers/postmen to the clerks’ room.
- Ensuring flowers are delivered weekly.
- Setting out daily newspapers and keeping reception tidy.
- Assisting Chambers’ Administrator with regards to marketing and PR.
- Database amendments and upkeep.
- Responsibility for outgoing post
- Providing refreshments for conferences when necessary.
- Ad hoc duties as and when required.
- Communication skills.
- Initiative – essential in a small office environment where you might get unusual requests.
- Flexibility – to do odd jobs on occasion and adapt to changing situations (everything from making tea to mending the hole punch!)
- Making a good first impression for Chambers both in person and on the phone/emails.
- Self-reliant – to keep alert and occupied when reception is quiet.
- Switchboard experience is essential – the phones can get busy and it is important to not get flustered.
- To be computer literate in Word, Outlook and Excel.
Applications to: Applications and CV by e-mail please to Steve McCrone – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 23 July 2021