Fountain Court Chambers is recruiting for Junior Clerks
Fountain Court Chambers is a high profile, “magic circle” barristers’ chambers, situated in the heart of historic Middle Temple, London.
The junior clerking team provides support services to barristers, Chambers’ clerking and administrative support team. This is considered an entry level role, providing the foundations for a future more senior clerking career. Opportunities to gain familiarity with the priorities of the clerks’ room is an important part of the career development of a junior clerk, achieved through providing short-term cover for clerks during vacations, sickness and other absences which may arise.
The junior clerking role involves a lot of physical activity; taking barristers and their papers to court, which sometimes involves large volumes of files. Where this presents a barrier, we can provide stair-climbing and electric trolleys, along with team assistance.
Clerking is a professional career in a matching environment, and one that takes time and determination in which to succeed.
We offer a very competitive salary, discretionary bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Photocopying, printing, and transporting papers (files) and books to and from court and tribunals, and other collections and deliveries as required;
- Researching authorities in Libraries (Chambers/Inns) and on the internet, and assisting with the assembling of authorities bundles;
- Lodging authorities and skeleton arguments to the courts and tribunals. Court work will also involve arranging for orders to be sealed;
- Logging receipt and arranging returns of boxes from/to solicitors;
- Ensure printers/photocopiers remain operational at all times (including ensuring paper/ink/toner levels are maintained);
- Handling all incoming/outgoing post/deliveries;
- Strong academic record (A level or equivalent minimum);
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written);
- An ambition to build a clerking career coupled with an understanding of what that is; and
- A proactive problem-solver, delivery-oriented, able to multi-task, and deal with pressurised situations.
Applying for the role:
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter, by email, to the Recruitment Team at email@example.com.
Closing date and interview:
We invite applications by midday Thursday 17 June 2021. We expect shortlisted candidates to be interviewed shortly thereafter.
For your application to be considered, your covering letter must include the following information:
- Up-to-date contact details including your e-mail address and mobile telephone number;
- a succinct outline (in not more than 500 words) of your suitable experience;
- your current salary plus bonus and benefits arrangements (if applicable);
- your possible start date; and
- your salary expectations.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
For more information, please visit www.fountaincourt.co.uk
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY FORMS
Once you have sent through your application to firstname.lastname@example.org you will be sent an Equality and Diversity Monitoring form.
Fountain Court would greatly appreciate your help in the monitoring of applications from a diversity and equal opportunities standpoint. To that end, you are invited to complete and return this anonymous questionnaire. Completing it is voluntary, but we strongly encourage you to do so, so that we have as complete and accurate information as possible.
The information you provide will be treated in total confidence and will not be available as part of the selection process.