Farringdon Chambers are recruiting a Junior Clerk to work alongside the clerking team. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is keen and able to learn to work in a busy criminal chambers. A working knowledge of Lex or similar diary systems would be useful but training will be given. The candidate must be able to work well within a team and on their own initiative.
Please submit your CV to: email@example.com
Full Time Permanent Position.
Hours: 08:30/9am – 17:30/6pm Monday – Friday
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- To work under the direction of the Senior Clerk and other clerks, and also with the officers of the company to ensure the smooth running of chambers.
- To update and make entries in the Lex Diary System, (upon training being given).
- To collect/deliver the Document Exchange (DX) and to empty the post tray(s) when required.
- To ensure that Chambers’ stationery, printer toner and refreshments are stocked and replenished.
- To assist with the smooth running of case invitations on DCS (Digital Case System).
- To email/fax/scan case papers/documents to members of Chambers and professional clients as directed.
- To greet and provide them with refreshments to clients both lay and professional.
- To deal with email and telephone enquiries promptly and politely.
- To undertake such other tasks as may reasonably by asked of you by the Senior Clerk or the officers of the company.
All tasks must be undertaken in accordance with Covid 19 protocols and government guidelines which are in force at the time.