12KBW is a long-established civil set of chambers that has a well-deserved and consistent reputation for excellence. Our core practice areas include personal injury, employment and discrimination, international and travel, industrial disease, insurance, clinical negligence, product liability, professional negligence and costs.
Chambers are looking for a Junior Clerk to assist and work within the clerking team.
The successful candidate is someone that can work well under pressure, keen to learn, develop and progress in their career as a Barristers Clerk.
The applicant will have the following:
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s, including Mathematics and English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- A working knowledge of Equality and Diversity code in respect of clerking members of chambers;
- A focus on excellent client care with a professional and service-oriented approach;
- Strong initiative and willingness to work in a pressurised environment;
- Team ethic with significant ambition to learn and progress career.
- Delivering papers to and from court;
- Collecting papers from around chambers and distributing accordingly;
- Returning papers to solicitors;
- Updating records on to Lex;
- Handling and dealing with general enquiries;
- Administrative tasks including DX, post and stationary monitoring;
- Assisting the more senior clerks with tasks, as required.
- Assisting the Facilities team, as required.
If you would like further information in regard to this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact our Director of Clerking, Oliver Parkhouse: email@example.com
Applying for this role:
Please submit your CV and covering letter through Chambers Recruitment page on our website at www.12kbw.co.uk
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 17th September 2021.
12 King’s Bench Walk is an equal opportunities employer, and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and to recognising and valuing individual differences. We encourage applications from those with diverse backgrounds and those with protected characteristics.