Maitland Chambers is seeking to recruit a Junior Barristers’ Clerk for our busy Logistics office. The successful applicant will be part of a strong team who are often singled out for particular praise by the leading legal directories.
The Candidate: The successful candidate must have good IT skills, an ability to manage their time and work load effectively, work well under pressure, pursue duties with enthusiasm and commitment, show flexibility to new demands and change and be part of a busy, friendly team in providing a first-class service to members of Chambers and clients alike.
The role will include but not be limited to:
- Briefs and Lists: assist as required with the entering of new brief details and instructions on database and the monitoring of Court lists
- General Clerking Duties: Assist in any clerking duties, run errands and undertake additional duties as requested by clerks or members of chambers
- Deliver to and collect Counsel’s papers from Court in good time
- Help Counsel with making bundles of authorities and getting books
- Collect and deliver Incoming mail and DX promptly each morning
- Log and promptly deliver all Skeleton Arguments, Orders, documents and bundles which are for hand delivery
- Copy and file all Applications, Orders and Judgments dealt with through the clerks’ room
- Regularly collect and destroy all confidential waste
- Join in the rota, so that Junior Clerks room is open between 8 am and 7 pm.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV and a covering letter by email to Danny Wilkinson (email@example.com). The closing date for completed applications is 5pm on Friday, 17th January 2020.
Maitland Chambers is committed to promoting a working environment which is conducive to the professional growth of its barristers and employees and to the promotion of equality of opportunity. This applies to all aspects of our work, whether in recruitment of barristers and staff or in dealing with clients. We therefore encourage applications from people from all sections of society regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.